Garment Posing and Sculpting Preparation
This 2-hour video covers the recent advancements Laura has made to her Balthier fanart. Laura explains the pipeline she followed to quickly rig and keyframe her base body and how she exported the animation to Marvelous Designer. She then explains how she exported her posed garment from Marvelous Designer over to Blender and prepared it for sculpting, namely by using the Outgang Cloth Nodes for Blender to transfer details from the Marvelous Designer high poly to a clean, quadded topology and added thickness in the process. She concludes by an explanation of how to set up a light rig and turntable in Blender to take advantage of Blender’s excellent real-time lighting when sculpting. We talk in detail of:
- Marvelous Designer 12’s retopology tools.
- Exporting a high-poly and low-poly from Marvelous Designer.
- Quickly rigging a character using Mixamo.
- Exporting an animation to Marvelous Designer using Alembic.
- Using the Outgang Cloth Nodes to transfer high poly details to a quadded retopology and add thickness.
- Setting up a light rig and turntable in Blender.
As an Outgang member, you will find the Outgang Cloth Nodes available from the handouts tab of your account page. This class explains everything about them. During this class Laura also references her Youtube video explaining how to understand and work at a proper scale in Zbrush. Finally, this Youtube video demonstrates how to set up a complete light and camera rig.
This content is reserved for members.