Exporting from Marvelous Designer using Blender
During this class we present a simplified and easy-to-use pipeline to export a garment out of Marvelous Designer 12. We use MD12’s retopology tools to quickly generate a quadded low-res and throw it to Blender where we use custom geometry nodes (Outgang Cloth Nodes) to easily subdivide and transfer details from the high poly to the low poly and add thickness. The result is a subdivided quadded low-res that keeps all the details from the original simulation, has clean UVs on the thickness and can be reconstructed for sculpting purposes in Blender or Zbrush, textured directly or simply rendered out. We talk in detail of:
- Marvelous Designer 12’s retopology tools.
- Exporting a high-poly and low-poly from Marvelous Designer.
- Installing and using the Outgang Cloth Nodes for Blender 3.5 or over.
- Importing our data in Blender and cleaning it up.
- How to use Multires in Blender or Reconstruct Subdivs in Zbrush to generate a sculptable mesh.
As an Outgang member, you will find the Outgang Cloth Nodes available from the handouts tab of your account page. Please note this workflow requires Blender 3.5 or over to work.
This content is reserved for members.