Ryan Gosling Likeness Case Study
with Andrew Chen
We received senior character artist and special guest Andrew Chen (Telltale Games, 2K, BRON Studios) to talk about likeness sculpting. Andrew and Laura got together to do an anatomy deep-dive of Andrew’s Ryan Gosling fan art. The conversation lasts about three hours and cover:
- Using Blender vs using Zbrush for likeness creation.
- Facial proportions and the impact of camera FOV.
- The importance of reading and interpreting light in references.
- Learning and observing anatomy vs learning and observing surface shapes.
- Common likeness sculpting pitfalls.
- Anatomy deep-dive of different facial features.
- Life of a character artist in video game studios.
Access this content with a paid membership.